Tuesday, October 9, 2012

This is what it's all about

This afternoon I was standing in my kitchen, looking into my living room flabbergasted. This is what I saw...
Notice the tunnel "slide" Cookie Monster assembled on the chair (excuse the bad quality, taken with my phone)
 
 
I was totally overwhelmed. Look at the mess these tornado's created in the space of an hour, while I kneaded bread, made butter, and unloaded/loaded the dishwasher, amongst other things. I had let them outside to run wild a few minutes prior to the picture, and turned on music so I could clean.
 
 
For those of you that don't know I am a huge country music fan. There isn't a ton of country music in Australia, but I was lucky today, when I turned on the local country music channel, Brookes & Dunn was on. I LOVE Brookes & Dunn. I even went to see their very last concert!
 
 
One of my favorites of their songs was playing "That's what it's all about" If you haven't heard it, take a minute to look it up. It's amazing.
 
Some of the lyrics:
 
"Well you work and you slave
And you spend all day in your thankless job
Then you jump in your Ford
Door to door with a homebound mob
Then you pull in the drive and you hit the chair
And the one you love is waitin' there


Hey, that's what it's all about
Hey, this is the life I couldn't live without
No, I couldn't live without
It's a moment frozen there in time
When the reasons all begin to rhyme
Where loves a little bigger and you finally start figurin' out
That's what it's all about


When they won't go to bed
And do what you said or they eat their food
They cry, and they fuss and you can't cuss'
Cause they'll say it to
Your tired, numb, stressed and your mad
She smiles and says "I love you dad""


I listened as they sang these words, and looked around my house and thought "What a mess, these little kidlets are such disaster makers". I stopped and looked around and thought "I would have it no other way".
 
I wouldn't trade anything for him:
 
Or him:
 
 
 Or when my house looks like it does in the first picture (took a lot of courage to post that by the way!)
 
This is what my life is about. Even on the days when they drive me insane, even on the days when I wish Milk Monster would just sleep through the night already, when we spend a day out on the beach, and play outside all day, when we bake and the kitchen is a total disaster at the end of the day, when I'm changing dirty diapers, when Milk Monster whines because, yes he does want to be picked up for the 20th time in 5 minutes, and when I can snuggle in at the end of the night next to Cookie Monster and sing him to sleep. This is my life, this is everything I ever hoped for, and even though somedays I'm stressed and maxxed out, this is what it is all about. This is a life that I could never, ever live without.
 
If you had told me 5 years ago that this is where I would be, I would have told you you were crazy, but now, this is what it's all about.
 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment